Pleasure Beach Rules & Regulations
Waterford Association, Inc.
(Revised August 23, 2011)
(Revised August 23, 2011)
- Use of the beach and facilities is open to Members of the Waterford Association, Inc., their families, and guests. Please purchase daily guest badges from the lifeguards for each guest. Person’s eligible for membership into the Association, but who chose not to join, are not entitled to guest badges.
- Membership and guest badges must be worn and need to be displayed at all times while on the property of the Waterford Association, Inc. Members without a visible badge will be asked by the Lifeguard staff to display it.
- Children who have attained the age of eight (8) years or older are required to wear a badge at all times when on property owned by the Waterford Association, Inc.
- Membership badges are provided to Assessed Households for use by the tenants of that Assessed property. Selling, distributing and/or providing badges to unassessed households or non-members is prohibited and can jeopardize membership privileges.
- Loud and/or disorderly conduct, littering, ball playing (except in a designated area), and hazardous actions (throwing persons off the raft, etc) are prohibited. Pets and glass containers (bottles, glasses, etc) are not permitted on any part of the property owned by Waterford Association, Inc.
- No swimming or diving is allowed from the rocks. Young children, under the age of eight (8) years old are not allowed on the rocks unless accompanied by a supervising adult.
- No fishing or boating is allowed within the swimming and/or beach area. Fishing from the rocks by Association Members is allowed, but restricted to outside the swimming area.
- No fires are permitted on the beach or rocks at anytime. This rule does not apply to fires used for social functions sanctioned by the Association.
- Disposable diapers present a health hazard. They must be disposed of at home and not placed in the beach trash receptacles. The lifeguards can provide a disposable bag for sanitary transport.
- Parking is restricted to Association Members only. Parking of vehicles is only allowed within the designated parking area.
- Waterford Association, Inc. assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen property at any time.
- Please report all accidents, however minor or insignificant, to the lifeguard on duty.
- Please respect the lifeguard’s instructions regarding all beach and safety issues. The lifeguards are asked to enforce the Rules and Regulations of the Association equally at all time for all members and their guests.
Use of the beach and facilities is open to Members of the Waterford Association, Inc., their families, and guests. Membership and guest badges must be worn and displayed at all times while on the property of the Waterford Association, Inc. Daily guest badges may be purchased from the lifeguards. Person’s eligible for membership into the Association, but who chose not to join, are not entitled to guest badges.
Parking Lot & Association Property
Due to limited parking space, please limit the number of cars each Membership brings to the Association parking lot. Please do not park in the State Boat Launch parking lot unless you are using the boat launch facilities. The Association owns "The Rocks" from the boat launch jetty south to the Beach. Members may fish, as long as lines are not cast into the swim area. The Association's beach property extends South toward Waterford Public Beach, the boundary is clearly marked by signage.
CT State Boat Launch @ Pleasure Beach
Please respect the CT DEEP rules and regulations. For further information, visit the CT DEEP website. Also from the CT DEEP: useful links, the Clean Marina Initiative, and The Public Trust.
Ecology & The Landscape