The calendar says it is almost spring - hopefully the temps will feel like spring soon. We are in full swing preparing for the 2018 beach season.
Unfortunately, our beach manager has stepped down for this coming season. We thank Paul for his hard work and dedication to PB last year.
Needless to say, we are looking for a Beach Manager for the 2018 season. The Beach Manager position is 25-30 hours/week for about 16 weeks. Pay will be discussed based on qualifications.
Some responsibilities will include:
- Clean the beach of seaweed & debris. Including parking lot and paths.
- Empty garbage cans into blue bin & place bins on street for weekly pick up
- Communicate with staff/guards and security guards, and Vice President
- Monitor latrine - pick up trash inside & outside
- Clean parking lot
- Mow & maintain grass areas. Trim, cut, and remove growth on paths. Dispose of debris/growth/trimmings. Trim and maintain area around the shed.
- Rake beach & pick up seaweed
- Ensure lifeguard equipment is safe and secure when not in use. Notify VP if equipment needs to be replaced or upgraded. Prepare first aid kit.
- Schedule the lifeguards to ensure proper coverage
- Hire & manage lifeguards, including reporting hours to payroll company
- Keeping the peace on the beach
- Check beach for vandalism each morning and report vandalism to police
- Pre-beach clean-up at the beginning of the season
- Anything else required by the board
We are looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
Pleasure Beach Board