The calendar says it is almost spring - hopefully the temps will feel like spring soon. We are in full swing preparing for the 2019 beach season.
We are looking for a Beach Manager for the 2019 season. The Beach Manager position is about 25 hours/week for approximately 20 weeks. Pay will be discussed based on qualifications. If you know somebody who might be interested and qualified for the position please share this email with them.
Some responsibilities will include:
- Clean the beach of seaweed & debris. Including parking lot and paths.
- Empty garbage cans into blue bin & place bins on street for weekly pick up
- Communicate with staff/guards and security guards, and Vice President
- Monitor latrine - pick up trash inside & outside
- Clean parking lot
- Maintenance of grounds - i.e. mow & timing. Dispose of debris/growth/trimmings. Trim and maintain area around the shed.
- Rake beach & pick up seaweed
- Ensure lifeguard equipment is safe and secure when not in use. Notify VP if equipment needs to be replaced or upgraded. Prepare first aid kit.
- Schedule the lifeguards to ensure proper coverage
- Hire & manage lifeguards, including reporting hours to payroll company
- Keeping the peace on the beach
- Check beach for vandalism each morning and report vandalism to police
- Unlock and lock the parking lot gate daily
- Unlock and lock latrine daily
- Pre-beach clean-up at the beginning of the season
- Anything else required by the board
Any interested applicant, please send a resume and letter of intent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2019.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
The Waterford Association Inc, Board of Directors