Pleasure Beach Membership, The 2020 season is fast approaching; however the challenges facing all of us do to the Covid-19 pandemic is concerning. The Waterford Association board is taking necessary actions to deal with this crisis. We are making adjustments to our work as a board to proceed with the 2020 season. Although our board has not been able to hold a regular meeting in person since early February, we have been able to communicate electronically. I am happy to say that most all of the necessary work to begin the 2020 season is complete. We are moving ahead as scheduled and planning opening day for Saturday June 20th!
As stated, in preparation to the 2020 season much work has already been completed. We approved a detail budget. We have installed new snow fencing on the beach, built a small boardwalk and refurbished the parking lot. And it looks fantastic! A special thanks to Beach Manager Bill Brett, Maintenance Committee Chair Frank Ribas and Rick Woods for assisting with the project. The Pleasure Beach website has been updated. The Membership Application has been modified and I am encouraging everyone to sign up. 2020 Parking Passes and 2020 Beach Badges have arrived in fact some have already been mailed out to our members! Please note that one Parking Pass is included with your membership and only one car per accessed household will be allowed into the parking lot. We have held committee meetings. We have hired lifeguards and parking lot attendants. So we are ready to go!
Covid-19 crisis update, please note the following:
- The beach is open to Pleasure Beach members and guests ONLY. Per the Town of Waterford the beach is not open to the general public.
- Please use advised social distancing practices when on the beach.
- Membership enrollment is open for the 2020 season. All members are encouraged to sign up.
- 2020 parking passes and beach badges are going to be mailed to members.
- As pandemic events unfold please refer to our Pleasure Beach website for future updates.
Introduction of the Waterford Association board:
- Vice-President; Ray DeMonte
- Treasurer; David Lewis Jr.
- Secretary; Mimi Woods
- Financial Secretary; Anne Darling
- Maintenance Committee Chair; Frank Ribas
- Bylaw Committee Chair; Susan Benzyk
- Finance Committee Chair; Dave Cavasino
- Heather Toyen; Past President
- Beach Manager; Bill Brett
- Webmaster; Gary Slater
- Social Directors; Kathy Cavasino and Karen Murphy
At this time, it is our plan to move forward with the 2020 Pleasure Beach season. Again as events of the crisis unfold please monitor the website for updates. Hopefully enjoying beautiful Pleasure Beach in 2020 will be a great outlet from the hardships caused by Coronavirus pandemic.
Be well and stay safe,